Types of Personal Injury Cases We Handle in Las Vegas
At Swenson & Shelley, we can assist you with personal injury cases involving:
- Truck accidents – Our lawyers have what it takes to stand up to big trucking companies to demand accountability and compensation after you have suffered catastrophic injuries in a crash involving a big rig or other commercial truck.
- Motorcycle accidents – Turn to us for help pursuing compensation when insurers try to delay, deny, or undervalue motorcycle accident claims.
- Car accidents – If you have been injured in an accident caused by another driver, we can help you pursue insurance claims or file a lawsuit to seek the financial resources you need for your recovery.
- Drunk driving accidents – Our attorneys work to hold intoxicated drivers accountable when their decision to get behind the wheel after consuming drugs or alcohol injures innocent people.
- Rideshare accidents – Seeking compensation after an accident involving a Lyft or Uber rideshare vehicle can be complicated because of the various insurance policies and liabilities that may be involved. That’s why you need help from an experienced personal injury lawyer.
- Pedestrian accidents – We diligently pursue financial recovery and justice for pedestrians who have been severely injured in collisions with negligent motorists.
- Bicycle accidents – If you were injured in an accident on your bicycle, we can help you demand compensation from the responsible parties.
- Boating accidents – Our firm can help you pursue compensation and accountability when a negligent boat operator, boat owner, or charter company injures you.
- Construction accidents – Whether you were hurt on the job or simply while passing through a construction zone, we can help you pursue your legal rights to compensation from all available sources.
- Slip-and-falls – We hold property owners accountable when hazardous conditions on the owner’s premises cause injury to other people.
- Dog bites – Our attorneys can help you file a claim against a homeowners’ or renters’ insurance policy after being attacked by somebody else’s dog or other pet.
- Sexual abuse – We can help sexual abuse survivors seek compensation and justice from the abuser or from other parties whose negligence facilitated the abuse.
- Dangerous or defective medications and products – Our firm represents clients in class-action lawsuits against the manufacturers of unsafe prescription and over-the-counter medications, as well as other health and personal products.
- Brain injuries – If you have suffered a brain injury in an accident caused by someone else, we can help you seek the compensation you need for your medical treatment and rehabilitation.
- Spinal cord and neck injuries – If you have been paralyzed or disabled due to a neck or spinal cord injury, our attorneys can pursue the financial resources you need.
- Wrongful death – When you have lost a family member due to another party’s negligence, turn to us to pursue compensation and justice your family deserves.
Types of Damages You Could Recover in a Personal Injury Claim
If you have been injured through no fault of your own in an accident in Las Vegas, you may be entitled to recover personal injury compensation for related losses, such as:
- Medical expenses, including ER and hospital visits, surgeries and other medical procedures, physical and occupational therapy, and prescription medications
- Long-term care expenses, including personal and home care, home renovations, and purchases of medical/mobility devices and equipment
- Ongoing and future losses of income and employment benefits if you cannot work due to injuries or resulting disabilities
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of enjoyment and quality of life because of physical disabilities or visible disfigurement and scarring
How Our Las Vegas Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help with Your Case
As you pursue justice and compensation, you will likely need to fight big corporations and insurance companies looking to protect their profit margins. To give yourself the best chance at securing the financial recovery you deserve, you need experienced, dedicated legal advocates.
The Las Vegas personal injury attorneys of Swenson & Shelley can help you with your case by:
- Investigating the accident or incident that caused your injuries
- Securing the evidence and witness testimony that we can use for your personal injury case
- Hiring accident reconstruction, medical, vocational, and financial experts to provide persuasive opinion testimony in support of your claim
- Identifying the parties who can be held liable for your injuries and losses
- Determining what insurance coverage might apply
- Documenting your injuries and calculating your past and future losses
- Explaining your legal rights and the personal injury claim process so that you know what to expect in your case
- Filing legal and insurance claims on your behalf
- Negotiating for a settlement that provides you with fair and full compensation for your losses
- Pursuing your rights and interests in court when litigation becomes the best option to fight for the financial recovery you need and deserve
Steps to Take to Protect Your Rights After an Accident in Las Vegas
When you have been involved in an accident in Las Vegas, you should act quickly to preserve your safety, health, and legal rights and options. That means taking the following steps:
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible so a doctor can examine you and diagnose any injuries you suffered in the accident.
- Photograph any visible injuries.
- Document the accident by talking with eyewitnesses and taking photos and videos of the scene.
- Follow your medical provider’s treatment instructions.
- Obtain copies of your medical records and bills.
- Keep copies of your pay stubs and income statements if you cannot work because of injuries.
- Start a journal to document your recovery from your injuries, especially any pain and difficulties with daily life.
- Speak to a Las Vegas personal injury attorney from Swenson & Shelley to discuss the next steps we can take in pursuing your case.
Types of Catastrophic Injuries
The Las Vegas personal injury attorneys of Swenson & Shelley have gained a national reputation for providing attentive legal representation to victims of catastrophic injuries such as:
- Broken bones
- Torn ligaments, tendons, and muscles
- Nerve damage
- Neck and back injuries
- Burn injuries
- Internal organ injuries
- Spinal cord injuries and paralysis
- Facial injuries and scarring
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Loss of body parts and bodily functions
Talk to a Las Vegas Personal Injury Lawyer Now
If you’ve been hurt in an accident in Las Vegas, don’t wait another day to demand accountability and compensation from those at fault. Contact Swenson & Shelley today for a free, no-obligation case review with an experienced personal injury lawyer in Las Vegas. We look forward to explaining your rights and how you can pursue the money you may be owed.