Cedar City Truck Accident Lawyer
Truck accidents can leave victims with devastating injuries. If you have been hurt in a truck wreck that wasn’t your fault, you could be entitled to compensation for your medical bills, lost wages, pain and suffering, and more. At Swenson & Shelley, our Cedar City truck accident lawyers will fight for the maximum payment you need to move forward after a life-altering crash.
Our nationally recognized personal injury lawyers are committed to bringing truck accident victims the relentless pursuit of justice they deserve. We have a proven track record of taking on large trucking companies and their insurers. When you turn to us for help after an accident with a big rig, you can trust that we will put our full force and resources behind you.
Contact Swenson & Shelley today for a free case review with a Cedar City truck accident attorney. We do not charge any fees upfront to start work on your case. You don’t pay us unless we secure payment for you. Our Cedar City law firm is committed to relentlessly pursuing justice for truck accident victims.
Do You Need an Attorney After a Truck Accident?
If you suffered injuries in a truck crash, and someone else was at fault, you should speak with an attorney as soon as possible. You may be eligible for compensation for the financial and personal losses you sustain due to your injuries. An attorney can investigate your crash, identify all possible sources of compensation, and fight for the full payment you deserve.
Contact Swenson & Shelley today to discuss the specifics of your case. Our attorneys are always available to answer your questions and help you understand the best path forward.
Why Are Truck Accidents More Complicated Than Car Crashes?
Truck accident claims can be more complicated than those involving passenger vehicles. Some of the most essential distinctions include:
- Truck accidents tend to cause more severe injuries due to the size and weight of 18-wheelers, which usually means more significant compensation.
- Truck accident cases typically involve more pieces of evidence because of the highly regulated nature of the trucking industry. More documentation and paperwork must be gathered and reviewed to build a strong case showing who was at fault.
- Multiple parties may share in the liability for a truck accident, such as the driver, the trucking company, and other businesses involved in the truck’s operation.
- Trucking companies may have complex insurance coverages and corporate structures that make it difficult to determine the amount of money available to compensate the victims of a commercial truck crash.
At Swenson & Shelley, we have extensive experience investigating these complex cases and recovering maximum payments for our deserving clients.
How Our Cedar City Truck Accident Lawyers Can Make a Difference in Your Case
You should not have the stress of a legal claim hanging over your head while trying to focus on your physical and emotional recovery. A Cedar City truck accident lawyer from Swenson & Shelley can take the pressure off you by:
- Conducting a full investigation of the crash to recover all available evidence before it is lost or destroyed
- Working with accident reconstruction, engineering, and trucking industry experts to review the evidence and determine who and what caused the crash and your injuries
- Identifying every possible source of compensation in your crash
- Documenting your injuries and losses to ensure we pursue full recovery for you.
- Filing insurance claims or demands for compensation with the liable parties in your case and negotiating aggressively for a settlement that pays you an appropriate amount for your injuries and losses
- Filing a truck accident lawsuit and going to trial when needed to fight for the justice you deserve
Demanding Full Compensation in a Truck Accident Claim
You deserve full compensation for your expenses and losses when you have suffered catastrophic truck accident injuries. At Swenson & Shelley, we can demand compensation for:
- Expenses for medical treatment and rehabilitation of your injuries, including ER or hospital care, physical therapy, pain medication, and purchases of medical/mobility devices
- Costs of long-term care for permanent disabilities that result from the injuries you suffered in the truck accident
- Past, ongoing, and future loss of income and employment benefits if you cannot work due to your injuries or resulting disabilities
- Pain and suffering
- Loss of quality of life caused by disabilities or visible scarring/disfigurement
Our trusted team also works with families who have lost loved ones in tragic truck crashes. Although no amount of financial compensation can compensate for such a loss, a wrongful death claim can bring families comfort knowing their financial needs are taken care of.
We Have Extensive Experience Proving Fault in Truck Accident Claims
Figuring out who and what caused a truck accident in Cedar City requires many different pieces of evidence from the crash scene and the trucking companies’ records, including:
- The truck driver’s hours of service logs, which show how long the driver had been on duty and behind the wheel
- The truck driver’s employment and driving records
- Results from any alcohol/drug screens performed on the truck driver following the 18-wheeler accident
- Logs from the truck’s electronic data recorder, or “black box,” which records information about the truck’s operation
- Surveillance or traffic camera footage
- Dispatch logs from the trucking or freight company
- Cargo/load manifests
- Inspection and maintenance records and reports
- Post-accident vehicle inspection reports, which may reveal the existence of a defective part in the truck
- Police accident reports
- Accident scene photos and video
- Eyewitness testimony
- Expert accident reconstruction reports
Who Can Be Held Responsible for a Semi-Truck Accident in Cedar City?
Responsibility for a commercial truck crash may not rest solely with the truck driver. Multiple companies are involved in the operation of a commercial motor vehicle. One or more of these companies may share fault for a truck accident, including:
- The truck driver
- The trucking company
- The owner of the truck, if different from the driver or trucking company
- The cargo/freight company responsible for loading the truck or trailer
- The truck’s manufacturer
- Third-party manufacturers of parts used on the truck, including tires or brakes
- Auto shops or mechanics responsible for servicing the truck
How Long Do You Have to File a Truck Accident Lawsuit in Utah?
In Utah, the statute of limitations dictates that a truck accident injury lawsuit must be filed within four years of the crash. A lawsuit filed after the limitations period expires can be dismissed by the court. It is crucial to speak with a lawyer as soon as possible after a crash. Your attorney must work quickly to preserve evidence and begin documenting your losses.
How to Protect Your Rights After a Truck Accident in Cedar City
After being involved in an 18-wheeler accident in Cedar City, you can help protect your rights:
- Seek medical attention as soon as possible. Go by ambulance from the scene, visit the emergency room, or set up an appointment with your primary care physician immediately. Follow your doctor’s treatment plan.
- Save any photos and videos of details of the crash, including skid marks or debris on the road, damage to the vehicles involved, traffic controls at the scene, any visual obstructions, and weather, lighting, road, and traffic conditions at the time of the crash.
- Keep copies of bills and invoices for medical or vehicle repair expenses and other costs you incur due to your injuries.
- Avoid posting on social media while treating your injuries and pursuing your compensation claim. The insurance company may try to use photos, videos, or posts you make to contradict your claims and to undercut your credibility in your case.
- Speak with a Cedar City truck accident attorney as soon as possible to discuss the next steps to pursue compensation for your injuries.
Common Causes of Commercial Truck Accidents in Cedar City
Common causes of big-rig crashes in Cedar City include:
- Speeding or driving too fast for conditions
- Reckless or aggressive driving
- Unsafe turns or lane changes, including failing to check mirrors or signals
- Unsafe wide turns
- Texting while driving and other distracted driving behaviors
- Fatigued or drowsy driving
- Driving under the influence of alcohol or drugs
- Inexperience driving commercial trucks
- Unfamiliarity with local roads or delivery routes
- Unsafe cargo loads, including overloading a truck with cargo or failing to balance or secure the load
- Inadequate truck inspections and maintenance
- Defective truck parts
- Poor road conditions, including black ice or potholes
- Adverse weather conditions, including heavy fog or precipitation
Get Help from an Experienced Cedar City Truck Accident Lawyer Now
Don’t wait to get legal advice when you have been injured in a catastrophic truck crash that wasn’t your fault. Contact Swenson & Shelley today for a free, no-obligation consultation. We’ll discuss your case with you and advise you on how best to pursue the compensation you deserve.