How Much Is Your Personal Injury Claim Worth?
If you have been injured in an accident in Orem, you likely have a lot of bills piling up. You may be able to recover financial compensation for losses that you have sustained or will incur in the future due to your injuries, such as:
- Medical expenses, including emergency care, hospital stays, surgeries, prescriptions, physical/occupational therapy, or medical/mobility devices and equipment
- Long-term care expenses to help with permanent disabilities that affect daily living
- Loss of wages/income from missed work
- Loss of future earnings and employment benefits due to permanent disabilities that prevent you from returning to work
- Pain and suffering
- Reduced quality of life or life expectancy
How Long Do You Have to File a Personal Injury Lawsuit in Utah?
Under Utah law, the statute of limitations to file a personal injury lawsuit is four years from the date of the accident that caused your injuries. Filing a lawsuit after the statute of limitations runs out risks having your case permanently dismissed.
Even though four years may seem like plenty of time, you should begin working with a trusted attorney as soon as possible. It takes a lot of legwork to build a strong case for compensation. The sooner you get started, the better.
How Our Orem Personal Injury Attorneys Can Help with Your Case
Insurance companies will fight hard to avoid paying you the fair and full compensation you deserve. Our Orem personal injury law firm can help level the playing field by:
- Investigating the accident or events that caused your injuries and obtaining evidence needed to build your case
- Identifying the parties at fault for your injuries and losses, as well as identifying applicable insurance policies or other sources for financial compensation
- Collaborating with accident reconstruction experts and other expert witnesses for persuasive testimony in support of your personal injury claim
- Gathering documentation to support your claims for injuries and compensation
- Filing insurance claims and demands for compensation on your behalf and aggressively pursuing a fair and full personal injury settlement
- Taking your personal injury claim to trial when litigation gives you the best chance at securing maximum financial recovery
How Can You Protect Your Rights After an Accident in Orem?
To preserve your right to compensation for your injuries, take the following steps after an accident:
- If you can, take cellphone photos or videos of the accident scene to document important details, such as whatever caused the accident or your injuries. This includes weather and lighting conditions, and any visible injuries you sustained.
- See a doctor or other healthcare provider as soon as possible to get examined for injuries you suffered in the accident. Follow the treatment instructions that your providers give you.
- Keep copies of bills or invoices for expenses incurred due to your injuries. Also have your pay stubs or income statements if you missed time from work or are permanently disabled from working.
- Avoid social media posts about the accident, your injuries, or photos or videos of yourself while still undergoing treatment for these injuries. Social media posts might be used to seemingly contradict your claims about your injuries, disabilities, or the accident.
- Speak to an Orem personal injury lawyer from Swenson & Shelley as soon as you can to get the help you need in pursuing financial recovery in your case.
Common Types of Catastrophic Injuries
Our nationally recognized personal injury attorneys have extensive experience assisting clients with cases involving:
- Bone fractures
- Ligament, tendon, and muscle tears
- Neck and back injuries
- Whiplash injury
- Spinal injuries, including herniated disc injuries or spinal cord injury
- Traumatic brain injuries
- Facial injuries and scarring
- Internal organ injuries and internal bleeding
- Loss of bodily functions
- Vision or hearing loss
Get Advice from an Experienced Orem Personal Injury Lawyer Now
Were you injured in an accident in Orem? The personal injury lawyers at Swenson & Shelley are here to discuss your rights and answer all your questions. Call us or reach out to us online for a free consultation today.