Phoenix Car Accident Attorney
Being involved in a car accident can be shocking and overwhelming. Even minor accidents can lead to painful injuries and emotional distress. After suffering injuries in a car wreck, you may face significant psychological trauma and financial troubles due to costly medical bills and lost wages. However, you should not bear the burden of another driver’s wrongdoing. You could be entitled to seek compensation for your injuries and other losses from a crash someone else caused.
An experienced Phoenix car accident attorney with Swenson & Shelley can help you pursue the financial relief and accountability you deserve after a car crash. Let our lawyers handle your case, giving you the time and space you need to heal from your injuries. We will advocate for your rights and fight for maximum compensation for your financial losses and pain and suffering. Contact us today for a free consultation with a Phoenix car accident lawyer and learn more about your legal options.
Factors Contributing to Car Accidents and Injury in Phoenix
Various factors can contribute to car accidents. However, the most common cause of collisions is error or negligence by one or more drivers involved in the crash. Some of the reasons car crashes and injuries happen in Phoenix include:
Roadway Conditions and Environmental Factors
Poor roadway conditions are often the result of negligence by the federal, state, or local government agencies responsible for maintaining the roads. If potholes, debris in the road, fallen trees, or poor signage contribute to a collision, one or more of these agencies could be liable for the crash.
Although bad weather cannot be controlled, motorists must adjust their driving to account for the conditions. They should be especially careful driving with low visibility, poor lighting, and heavy fog or rain. For instance, a motorist who fails to slow down on wet or icy roads could be liable for injuries and other losses in a collision.
Human Behavior and Driver Actions
Most automobile collisions are the result of the actions or inaction of drivers. Some of the most common driver behaviors that lead to accidents include the following:
- Driving over the speed limit or too fast for conditions
- Distracted driving, including using a cell phone
- Aggressive driving, including swerving in and out of traffic
- Failure to use turn signals
- Following another vehicle too closely
Impaired Driving Incidents
In Arizona, drivers 21 and older may not exceed the legal blood alcohol content (BAC) limit of .08 percent. It is illegal for drivers under 21 to have any amount of alcohol in the bloodstream. Driving under the influence of alcohol can slow reaction times, impair hand-eye coordination, and cause poor judgment. When an intoxicated motorist causes an accident, they could be liable for the injuries and damage.
Intersection and Right-of-Way Challenges
Intersections are among the most dangerous locations on the road and are often the site of severe collisions. If a driver fails to yield the right-of-way, runs a red light, or does not follow the proper stop sign procedures, they can collide with other vehicles. These mistakes sometimes result in deadly head-on collisions.
Vehicle Defects and Malfunctions
Faulty brakes, tires, or other vehicle components can make it impossible for a driver to handle their vehicle safely. If a vehicle defect or malfunction leads to an accident, the manufacturer of the vehicle or the defective part could be liable for crash injuries and losses.
Ensuring Adequate Legal Representation
If you suffered injuries in a car accident, hiring legal representation is in your best interest. Let a lawyer handle all the details of your case so that you can focus on recovering fully. A Phoenix car crash attorney can help you navigate the legal process by:
- Investigating the accident to determine the cause and who is liable for your injuries and other losses
- Gathering and preserving critical evidence, including photos of the accident scene and eyewitness statements
- Identifying all possible sources of compensation, such as insurance coverage, to maximize your compensation
- Calculating the total value of your accident-related losses, including past, current, and future medical costs related to treating your injuries
- Ensuring that all necessary paperwork is filed correctly and promptly to protect your legal options for compensation
- Communicating and negotiating with insurance companies on your behalf to seek a fair settlement
- Taking the at-fault party to court if necessary to pursue the total compensation you deserve
Determining who is liable for injuries and losses from a car accident often involves various types of evidence. A skilled car accident attorney can gather and preserve crucial evidence to build a strong case and pursue maximum compensation. Examples of evidence used in car accident cases include the following:
- The responding police officer’s accident report
- Photos of the accident scene, including vehicle damage, property damage, skid marks on the road, and road signs
- Video footage from traffic cameras, dashcams, or nearby surveillance cameras
- Your medical records
- Statements from eyewitnesses
- Testimony from experts in the field of medicine and accident reconstruction
- Copies of bills, invoices, and receipts for costs you incur due to the crash
Contact the Phoenix Car Accident Lawyers at Swenson & Shelley Today
Even if you are a safe driver, you may not be able to avoid a car crash. Your collision may have been caused by a negligent motorist, a vehicle defect, road conditions, or something else entirely. However, one of your first steps after a car accident should be seeking legal assistance.
The experienced Phoenix personal injury attorneys at Swenson & Shelley can fight for the compensation you deserve for medical bills, lost wages, and pain and suffering. Our legal team is dedicated to relentlessly pursuing justice for injury victims throughout the state. We will listen to your story, assess your claim, and create a comprehensive and personalized legal strategy to demand the compensation you need. Our attorneys understand the challenges people face after devastating car wrecks. That’s why we charge no upfront fees and don’t get paid unless we win an award or settlement for you. Contact our office today for a free consultation with one of our Phoenix car accident lawyers.