Free Consultations 24/7 call-icon(435) 767-7777

What to Do After a Slip and Fall Injury

If you are unsure what to do after a slip and fall injury, our Utah personal injury attorneys can protect your legal rights. At Swenson & Shelley, we always put our clients first. That includes making sure you receive the proper medical treatment, protecting you from insurance adjusters, and taking your case all the way to trial if necessary. Contact our office today to schedule a free consultation.

What to Do After a Slip and Fall Injury | First Steps

A key thing to know after your slip and fall is that your health is more important than anything else. You might be embarrassed if you fell in public and want to get right out of there, but you should not leave the scene without reporting the incident. Then you can head off to the urgent care and get the medical attention you probably so badly need. If you were at a friend’s house, take photos of what you tripped or slipped on and ask your friend for their homeowner’s insurance information. Don’t worry, you are not personally suing a friend. You are bringing a claim against their insurance and those companies are well prepared for slip and fall cases.

Seeking Medical Attention

Once you know you have reported the incident, taken photos of the cause of your injury, and perhaps gotten contact information from witnesses, you can then get to a medical professional. That might be an urgent care facility, an emergency room, or your primary physician. Wherever it is, do not hesitate after you have settled things at the scene of the accident. You don’t want to run the risk of worsening your condition by waiting.

Contact Our Utah Slip and Fall Injury Attorneys Today

If you believe your slip and fall accident was caused by someone else’s negligence, please contact our Utah slip and fall injury attorneys today.

Kevin Swenson was raised in Bountiful, Utah, and is a co-founding partner of Swenson & Shelley. After graduating from Bountiful High School, Kevin attended business school at Westminster College.