Truck Accident Claims in Phoenix, AZ
Were you hurt in a truck accident in Phoenix? If someone else caused the crash, they could owe you money to pay your medical bills, offset your lost income, fix your vehicle, and start rebuilding your life. Turn to the Phoenix truck accident attorneys at Swenson & Shelley for help pursuing this compensation.
Our hardworking team of experienced lawyers represent injured people throughout Arizona. A truck accident claim can be complex, but our law firm has the motivation, state-of-the-art technology, and commitment to get the job done right. We’re available 24/7 to help with your case. And because we prepare every case as if it is going to trial, the trucking company and their insurers know we are ready to take them to court if they don’t make a full and fair settlement offer.
Reach out to Swenson & Shelley today for a free consultation with a proven Phoenix truck accident lawyer. There’s no fee unless we win your case.
Why Do I Need a Phoenix Truck Accident Lawyer?
Trucking companies and insurers have substantial resources to fight a personal injury claim. You can gain an advantage by hiring a lawyer to help you stand up to these large corporations and demand justice. Our Phoenix truck accident lawyers can handle the details of the claims process by:
- Recovering critical evidence from the crash scene
- Working with accident reconstruction experts to determine what went wrong before the truck accident occurred
- Identifying all liable parties and applicable insurance coverages
- Explaining your legal options and what to expect during your case
- Documenting your injuries
- Calculating your current and future financial losses
- Managing all communications with insurance adjusters, truck company representatives, defense attorneys, and bill collectors
- Preparing and filing your truck accident claim
- Negotiating for a settlement reflecting the true value of your case
- Filing a truck accident lawsuit to pursue the best possible outcome for you
Liability After a Trucking Accident
The truck industry is comprised of many players. Several parties can be held liable for truck accidents, but it depends on the facts of the case. Potentially responsible parties could include:
- The truck driver
- The trucking company that employed or contracted the driver
- The truck’s owner
- The freight company that loaded the truck or trailer
- The truck or trailer manufacturer
- The maker of a defective auto part, if an equipment failure led to the wreck
- Third-party mechanics who serviced the truck or trailer
- Other drivers
A truck accident lawyer can identify all possible defendants in your truck accident claim. Without a thorough investigation to determine liability, you may miss out on recovering full compensation for your losses.
Evidence to Support Your Liability Claim
Truck accident cases require substantial evidence to prove liability. Evidence that could be useful in your case includes:
- Medical records
- The truck driver’s hours-of-service logs detailing how long they spent on duty and behind the wheel
- The truck driver’s safety history and employment records
- Results of drug and alcohol
- Information from the truck’s event data recorder (“black box”)
- The trucking company’s radio dispatch logs
- Truck and trailer inspection and maintenance records
- The cargo load manifest
- Accident scene photos and videos
- The police accident report
- Surveillance camera or dashcam footage
- Witness testimony
- Cell phone records
- Expert opinions from accident reconstruction specialists, doctors, accountants, and other professionals
Time Limits to File Your Phoenix Truck Crash Claim
Arizona’s personal injury statute of limitations requires you to file a truck accident claim within two years of the crash. Filing a lawsuit after the statute of limitations expires could result in your case’s dismissal and forfeit your rights to compensation. You should speak with a Phoenix truck accident attorney from Swenson & Shelley as soon as possible to learn the deadline on your claim and ensure you do not jeopardize your rights with an untimely lawsuit.
Where Does Phoenix Have the Most Truck Collisions?
Truck accident statistics from the Arizona Department of Transportation show that in one recent year, the state saw 2,831 accidents involving tractor trucks, 26 involving tanker trucks, 146 involving dump trucks, 102 involving garbage trucks, and 10,193 involving other types of truck combinations. Nearly 110 of those crashes led to a fatality and over 3,100 involved injuries.
The National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA) identified 10 of Arizona’s most dangerous roads and highways, all located in the Phoenix metropolitan area. These hazardous areas include:
- 43rd Avenue from Lamar Road to McDowell Road
- Indian School Road from 53rd Avenue to 91st Avenue, as well as from 40th Avenue to Third Street
- McDowell Road from Scottsdale Road to 36th Street
- 19th Avenue from Shangri-La Road to Union Hills Drive
- Northern Avenue from 19th Avenue to 56th Avenue
- Bell Road from 26th Street to 23rd Avenue
- Bethany Home Road from 35th Avenue to 12th Place
- Thomas Road from 71st Avenue to 37th Avenue
- Interstate 10 from Exit 157 to Exit 152
Need Help with Your Injury Claim in Phoenix, Arizona? Contact an Experienced Truck Accident Attorney
Compensation is possible if someone else caused a truck accident that harmed you. Let the Phoenix truck accident attorneys at Swenson & Shelley help you demand it. Our firm has a successful history of obtaining maximum results for accident victims. We can help you, too.
Contact us today for a free, no-obligation consultation. We look forward to meeting you, hearing your story, and fighting for the compensation you deserve.