Should I Give a Recorded Statement?

If you’re involved in a construction accident in the state of Utah, you may get calls from some of the insurance companies involved asking for a recorded statement. While you do have to give information to your employer and you may have to give information to the worker’s compensation carrier, you want to be careful who you’re giving recorded statements to. I recommend that you not give recorded statements without having consulted with an attorney. The insurance adjusters are trained to ask questions and get answers in a format that helps their case and hurts your case.