Do I Need to Provide a Recorded Statement?

In the state of Utah, if you’ve been involved in a truck crash, you may be asked by the insurance company to give a recorded statement. I generally recommend that you not give a recorded statement without talking to an attorney first.

The insurance companies train their adjusters how to ask questions to get the answers they want. They try to reduce the value of your claim by indicating that you’re not hurt or you’re not as hurt as you claim to be. They also talk about whether you’re at fault or if they can get some fault put on you.

It’s not a good idea to talk to them and you’re not required to do so. Give an attorney a call first.